SERVICES WE OFFER
At Borders Law Group, we specialize in meeting all of the legal service needs of small and established companies. Whether you are a new startup looking for your first lawyer, a growing company looking to build better SaaS or other contracts, or an established company looking for legal expertise at a lower cost than the big firms, BLG is your efficient and affordable choice. We work on individual legal projects or can be your outside general counsel for years, relying on deep legal experience to help you navigate any legal or operation issues your company may face. We serve clients throughout Northern California, with a focus on San Francisco, Oakland and Silicon Valley.
- Startup and entity formation.
- Founder, partner, and investor relationship agreements.
- Commercial contracts, including SaaS Service Agreements, Master Services Agreements, EULAs, Development Agreements, terms of service and privacy policies.
- Business relationship agreements, including joint ventures, buy-sell agreements, and supplier, vendor, and strategic alliances.
- Advertising, marketing and promotion law, including compliance with CAN-SPAM, Telecommunications Privacy Act, and FTC and FCC guidelines.
- Labor and employment law counseling and policy creation.
Information, Internet and Intellectual Property Law
- Data privacy, security compliance, risk management, hosting and sharing agreements, including outsourcing, cloud computing, storage, IT, security, and license agreements.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) registration, compliance, communications and best practices.
- Copyright registration, trademark prosecution, and IP protection, including evaluation, clearance, registration, administrative proceedings / office actions, infringement and dilution.
- Domain name purchase and sale agreements, and disputes.
- Analysis and counseling of commercial litigation disputes and alternative dispute resolution, emphasizing large-value, multi-plaintiff, multi-venue and complex matters.
- Diverse expertise with commercial, professional, and personal liability insurance policies.
- Mediation, arbitration and insurance claim dispute resolution.
- Counseling regarding litigation hold and e-discovery obligations.